Wednesday, February 20, 2013

WHAT IF....

WHAT IF… those are two pretty scary words in my head right now especially at 4:30 a.m.
As I prepare for my mission trip I keep wondering…
What if I lose my passport…
What if I miss my connecting 15 hour flight to Argentina...really, 15 hours…
What if I don’t get along with the other 37 people on this mission trip (I only know 4 of those 37 right now)…
What if I can’t eat the food or drink the water… 9 days of instant fasting I guess…
What if I can’t communicate with the 40 orphans we are working with, I certainly don’t know much Spanish ...as in none…
What if I am not able to evangelize the Four Spiritual Laws to those I speak with…
What if the Argentina people don’t understand the true meaning of our presentation of Heaven’s Gates, Hell’s Flames …hey, it’s only a 1,000 seat church…
Now that I just typed all this I really am scared!  BUT, I know these are all very superficial fears that God has my back and I should just “Be still, and know that I am God.” (Psalm 46:10).  Kinda hard for me to do as those of you who know me know I can’t sit still or focus for long periods of time. 
But I also know that I need to use my gifts to help others.  God has given each of you some special abilities; be sure to use them to help each other, passing on to others God’s many kinds of blessings.”  (1 Peter 4:10)
As I look at the band on my wrist I am reminded that “ I am not ashamed of the Gospel.”  (Romans 1:16)  So please pray with me and the rest of our team as our departure date gets closer and closer! 
Blessings,

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment