Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog, Missions for the Spirit, created to share the journey God has set forth for me.   This journey started a little over a year ago bringing me to Sparrow’s Home here in Marble Falls, Texas.  As I sit in my office looking out my window watching the deer feeding in the field across the street, I am in awe of the beauty that surrounds me.  If my window view is this amazing I can only imagine what God’s view is like watching over all of us. 
During this time I have been part of orphans finding their forever families and witnessing their joy as they see and feel what real love and acceptance is for the first time in their lives.  I’ve watched a 14 year old give up her newborn to a wonderful Christian family having just been adopted herself from a country far away.  And then there is Job, oh my goodness, what a true child of God.  Job was brought to the US after the Haiti earthquake in 2010.  He may only have one eye and  XP (he's allergic to the sun) but he is the joy of our lives.  He loves to dance and fist bump anyone anywhere anytime. He too has found his forever family.  God is so good and has a plan for each of us.  How exciting to see what that plan will be. 
In less than a month I leave for Mar Del Plata, Argentina for a nine day mission trip to the Argentina Ministries orphanage.  I will be helping with the children’s ministry there sharing the Gospel and the good news of God.   Please pray to help us use all our activities for them to know God’s work in the world and our calling to that work.    Day by day, minute by minute, opportunity by opportunity, give me the strength and presence of mind to witness.  In a city of 700,000 inhabitants only 3% are Evangelical Christians.   As it says in Ephesians 4:12 “Why is it that he gives us these special abilities to do certain things best?  It is that God’s people will be equipped to do better work for him, building up the church, the body of Christ, to a position of strength and maturity.”
I hope you will follow along with your prayers as I continue to see what God has in store for me!
Many blessings,
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment