Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Refresing my world...

I woke up this morning to a refreshed world around me from all the beautiful rain we had last night. Oh, how we so desperately need it to wash away all the dirt and unhealthy things in the air and to replenish our very dry soil and lakes. It may have only been a few inches but we will take it. As I stood in my kitchen looking out into my backyard I noticed how much greener things were and how alive they now looked. I thought maybe this is how God wants me to “clean” my life.

As I said in my last post, I have been praying for His favor on my life journey. I’m at a crossroad in my job where decisions need to be made. Yesterday I took one of those quizzes on FaceBook and it happened to be ‘Which Bible character are you?” I came up being “Ruth”, having loving kindness and promoting the well-being of others. I would like to think that is who I am. Ironically, when I went on my Emmaus walk in 1997, I sat at the table of Ruth and it was there I learned how to “Be still, and know that I am God.” Psalms 46:10. For those who know me know I have a hard time staying focused or sitting still with my ADD; or at least that’s what I want to blame it on! See I’ve gotten off track with my original thought.

Back to my original statement about being at a crossroads, I’ve asked for a meeting with my employer about what she thinks the future holds for the ministry. A friend asked me what I wanted from this meeting…I told her clarity. You see, I have a hard time articulating my desires. My prayer is God will give me the right words to say and how to approach her. This morning as I was looking out the back window I prayed to God to give me some hint of a sign and asking for favor. When I got into work, I opened my devotional book, “Jesus Calling” and this is what is says:

“THANK ME IN THE MIDST of the crucible. When things seem all wrong, look for growth opportunities. Especially, look for areas where you need to let go, leaving your cares in My able hands. Do you trust Me to orchestrate your life events as I choose, or are you still trying to make things go according to your will? If you keep trying to carry out your intentions while I am leading you in another direction, you deify your desires.

Be on the lookout for what I am doing in your life. Worship Me by living close to Me, thanking Me in all circumstances.”

WOW!!

As I read that I knew in my heart God is in control. No matter what direction our ministry goes or if it closes all together, God will take care of me and is preparing the way for me. It says in 1 Peter 5:6-7 “Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”

“give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18. Please pray for me.

Blessings,

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment